Saturday, August 15, 2015

The Grandmothers

Spider Woman Art by Susan Sedon Boulet


There are a group of beautiful recovering women that I met twenty years ago in New Brunswick when I first got sober. They gather yearly and they are gathering again this month where they will celebrate one another and share in their talking circles. I have had the privilege in the past to attend a few times.

One year I'll never forget, there was a First Nations woman who late into the starlight night sky sang for us, among the trees, a hymn to the grandmothers in her native language I never forgot it because it was so powerful. I did a painting of her singing the hymn and sent it to her.

I was sent this video today and have to share it. I didn't get a chance to watch it until now after a long day and it was just what I needed.

No comments: