Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Robin Williams - " Why Funny People Kill Themselves "




A very, very sad day today, after learning of Robin Williams death. Death has a way of bringing life in to focus, close-up. When you experience death, your priorities change, especially if you have been touched by the death of a loved one by suicide, or ever contemplated suicide yourself. Having experienced, both, and knowing loved ones, including my late husband who suffered from mental illness, and took his own life in 1980. And when you see those in the public eye, suffering from depression, mental illness resulting in suicide, it brings it all to the surface.

I have thought a lot about this today, and just beneath the surface, perhaps on an unconscious level, I understand it, but it is difficult to put it into words. But I found an article written by David Wong that is very insightful Why Funny People Kill Themselves
It explains a lot, and it is an really important thing for people to know and understand.




I posted this picture of Johnathan Winters and Robin Williams together because my late brother Ralph loved these two so much. He strongly identified with them, as did my late mother, and I.  They both helped to change pain into laughter. We spent many hours following their performances all along and from their very beginnings.
Heaven is a funnier place now.

Bringchange2mind 

 http://suicideprevention.ca/

No comments: